Atlanta Fashion Bloggers, spread the word to shop (RED), fight AIDS and save lives.
NEW YORK, Dec. 1, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — This World AIDS Day and through the holidays, the (RED) Shopathon is packed with so many exciting ways for people to shop (RED), fight AIDS and save lives. From Amazon.com/RED with spectacular gifts that give back with every purchase, to winnable celebrity experiences with U2, Charlize Theron, Sean “Diddy” Combs and Reese Witherspoon on Omaze.com/RED – even brand new (ANDAZ)REDpoolside cabanas – every dollar raised during the (RED) Shopathon will be matched by The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, up to $15 million.
For the third year, Jimmy Kimmel kicked-off the (RED) Shopathon with a star-packed Jimmy Kimmel Live! (RED) Special on ABC on November 28th. Joined by Bono, Chris Martin, Kristen Bell, Sean “Diddy” Combs, Sean Penn, Ashton Kutcher, Bryan Cranston, DJ Khaled, Rita Wilson and others, the show featured comedy, interviews and closed with an irreverent musical finale.
There are many ways to support (RED)’s fight this World AIDS Day, including:
- Through December 31, shop more than 150 brilliant (RED) products that raise money for the Global Fund to fight AIDS – including fashion, cosmetics, kitchen goods, tech and more – at Amazon.com/RED or via the Amazon App. Giving a helping hand with some ‘unusual’ shopping questions, Bono, Kumail Nanjiani, Julia Roberts, Olivia Wildeand Chrissy Teigen appear in special ‘(RED) holiday shopping FAQ’ video. As the Official Payment Provider of the (RED) Shopathon, Bank of America will donate 30 cents for every dollar spent on Amazon.com/RED up to December 31, up to $1.5 million.
- For as little as a $10 donation to fight AIDS at Omaze.com/RED, fans can enter to win extraordinary experiences including play mini golf with U2’s Bono, The Edge, Adam and Larry, getting you’re a** kicked by Charlize Theron at a workout session, hitting the red carpet with Reese Witherspoon at the premiere of ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ or even joining Sean “Diddy” Combs on set at ‘The Four’ on Fox… and if the winner is really good he’ll even change their name!
- This World AIDS Day, Apple celebrates a record year of giving with over $30 million raised to fight AIDS in 2017. Over the past 11 years of partnership with (RED), Apple has contributed over $160 million to the Global Fund. To mark World AIDS Day week, 400 Apple stores will feature a red Apple logo, and for every Apple Pay transaction made at a retail location, online or in-app, Apple will make a $1 donation to the Global Fund. Rolling out around the world on December 1, App Store visitors will see a Today tab takeover featuring stories dedicated to the cause including a behind-the-scenes look at how developers are supporting (RED). Gaming developer King is also rolling out limited-edition bundles across its popular titles — Candy Crush Saga, Candy Crush Jelly Saga and Candy Crush Soda Saga — with all proceeds from those in-app purchases going to the Global Fund.
- Beginning December 5, stylish new (ANDAZ)RED Cabanas will be bookable at five Andaz Hotel locations in the U.S and Latin America. With every booking, participating hotels will donate 30 percent of each package or rental rate to (RED)’s fight to end AIDS.
- On December 1, Starbucks will contribute 25 cents (USD) to fight AIDS for every Peppermint Mocha, Toasted White Chocolate Mocha, Caramel Brulée Latte or Eggnog Latte purchased in participating U.S. and Canada stores. This is the 10th year Starbucks has partnered with (RED) on World AIDS Day, contributing to date more than $14 million to the Global Fund.
- Salesforce has turned its homepage and login page ‘(RED)’, with a donation of $1 to fight AIDS, up to $1 million, for every login between November 27 and December 1.
- In the sixth year of partnership with (RED), the new (BELVEDERE)RED special edition bottle in a striking matte finish is available now at select retailers.
(RED) thanks it’s pro-bono media agency, Spark Foundry, and all its media partners for generously supporting World AIDS Day 2017: ABC, Adspace, AOL, Billboard, Branded Cities, Build Series, Bustle, Buzzfeed, Captivate, Chiemi Karasawa, Clear Channel, Clique Media Group, Condé Nast, Elle, Flipboard, Forbes, Getty Images, iHeart Media, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Laundry Service, Martin Granger, Mashable, MIC, Moxie Pictures, National Cinema Media, New Tradition, New York Times, NowThis, Oath, Refinery29, Screenvision, Silvercast, Superior Digital Displays, Tastemade, Time Inc., Twitter, Upworthy, Viacom Inc., VICE Media, Vox, USA Today and Wenner Media. (RED) also thanks our product partners and all of our talented friends and representatives who worked to make this campaign possible.